Paying off your mortgage is different than just making a regular payment. It's important to follow the payoff instructions to ensure your payment is applied as intended. After you've received your payoff statement, choose the option that works best for you.
- Mail the funds to the address listed in the payoff letter.
- Wire the funds with the wiring instructions.
- Visit us at any U.S. Bank branch to complete the request. We encourage you to make an appointment to allow time for questions and processing.
In addition to the payoff statement, you'll receive an escrow information letter. Enclosed is a form to complete if your address or phone number changes.
- If your information hasn't changed, there's no need to take action.
- If your information needs updated, return the form along with the payoff funds. If you're due a refund, this ensures we'll send it to the correct address.
- To learn more about what to expect after paying off your mortgage, watch this video: What happens when you pay off your mortgage?