Trust and estate considerations
Key considerations to discuss with your legal and tax advisors when setting up a trust include minimizing your taxes upon transferring your estate, and taking care of administrative details in advance to set up your estate for success long into the future.
At U.S. Bank, we can help with strategies to:
- Help with your goal to preserve wealth using our trust and estate administration services
- Transfer your estate assets in a tax-efficient way
- Provide for causes you care about through structured giving and philanthropy
- Help with the administration of family estate plans through multiple generations
Custom trust and estate services
Let those close to you know the day-to-day management of your trusts and estates are covered. With our custom trust and estate administrative services, your beneficiaries can avoid getting bogged down with the details of running your estate, and will be free to focus on preserving your legacy.
At U.S. Bank we offer custom trust and estate services, including:
- Professional management of your investments, including real estate and natural resource management
- Administration and settlement of your farm estate
- Management of your financial affairs when you cannot do so yourself
- Guidance to your heirs over multiple generations
- Access to key partners and resources at U.S. Bank
- Partnership with your tax and legal advisors
Which type of trust might be right for you?
While there are many different types of trust options that may fit your situation, the most common are revocable or irrevocable.
- Provides flexibility
- Not subject to probate
- May offer protection in the event of incapacity
- Property must be re-registered in the name of the trust
- Grantor can direct how a defined group of assets will be distributed after death
- Can be created during lifetime or under your will at death
- In most cases, can’t revoke the trust once it’s established