What can I do if I think you reported wrong information to my consumer credit report?

If you believe we have inaccurately reported information to a Consumer Reporting Agency (CRA), review the below steps:

The following information is needed for us to assist you with your dispute:

  • Your full name, address and phone number.
  • Full account number and account type (e.g. credit card, personal loan).
  • Specific information you're disputing, including an explanation of why it's incorrect. 
  • Copies of supporting documentation to support your claim such as:
    • The relevant portion of your credit reporting containing the alleged inaccurate information
    • Account statements
    • Police report, fraud or identity theft affidavit

We have dedicated teams available to receive and investigate your dispute, based on the type of account. Refer to the table below to find the correct team and contact information to submit your dispute. 

Type of Account/ProductWhere and How to Submit Disputes

Consumer Lending or Deposit Account:

Checking and savings accounts Home Equity Line of Credit (HELOC)
Personal loan
Reserve line of credit
Auto, boat and other vehicle loans
Auto leases
Manufactured housing


U.S. Bank
Attn: Consumer Bureau Dispute Handling (CBDH)
PO Box 3447
Oshkosh, WI 54903-3447



Home Mortgage:

Home Equity Installment Loan (HEIL)
Home Mortgage Loan


U.S. Bank
Attn: Credit Bureau Disputes
4801 Frederica St.
Owensboro, KY 42301



Credit Card or Personal Line of Credit:

U.S. Bank Credit Cards
Personal Line of Credit


Consumer Recovery Department
Attn: CBR Disputes
PO Box 108
St. Louis, MO 63166-9801

Once we have received your dispute, we will:

  • Review the information you provided.
  • Contact you if we need additional information to complete our investigation, or if we are unable to complete the investigation based on the type of request.
  • A response will be sent within 30 days of when the dispute is received. 

Additional Information

If your consumer credit report contains incorrect information from another creditor, contact that creditor or the CRA directly.

Equifax: How to Dispute Information On Your Credit Reports or call 1-800-685-1111 
Experian: How to Dispute Credit Report Information or call 1-888-397-3742 
TransUnion: How to Dispute Your Credit Report or call 1-800-916-8800