To help us keep your information secure, the additional authentication process can't be completely stopped. However, you can follow these steps to change how often we ask for it.
To get started, log into online banking.
- Select Customer service at the top of the page, then choose My profile.
- Choose Edit Login & security.
- Scroll down to the "Security" section.
- For two-step verification, select the toggle switch to turn it off or on. If it's on, we'll offer to send a one-time passcode to your mobile number or ask a security question.
- Select Edit to change what your security question is or change the answer.
U.S. Bank Mobile App
For the best mobile banking experience, we recommend logging in or downloading the U.S. Bank Mobile App.
- Open the main menu in the upper left corner of the screen.
- Select Security Center.
- Scroll down to the "Login preferences" section and select Go to login preferences.
- Visual pattern: Create a pattern for additional verification. Note, once enabled the pattern can only be edited.
- Two-step verification: Toggle on to require your password and a one-time passcode or security question for every login on our full online banking site. This does not impact the mobile app.
On the login preferences screen, you can enable or disable your biometrics, change your username or password, and view your login notifications and history.