How do I submit a credit limit increase for a secured credit card?

If you’d like to request a credit limit increase for your secured credit card, we can help. To qualify for a credit limit increase, your account needs to be:

      • Open for six (6) months*
      • Not over the limit
      • In good standing

Since your credit card account has a deposit to secure the credit limit, you’ll need to send your request in writing. Here’s how:

  1. In your written request you’ll need to include the following:
    • Your first and last name
    • 16-digit credit card number
    • Your individual annual income, source of income, monthly housing payment, and indicate whether you own or rent your home.
    • Alimony, child support, or separate maintenance income doesn’t need to be revealed if you don’t want it considered as a basis for repaying this obligation. 
    • Your signature
  1. A cashier's check or money order for the amount you'd like to increase. Please make it out to U.S. Bank National Association.
    • For example, if your credit limit is $300 and you'd like a $500 credit limit, the check or money order amount needs to be $200.
    • The final credit limit must be divisible by $100.
  2. Mail your request to the address below. 

Cardmember Service
PO Box 6363
Fargo, ND 58125-6363

More information

  • If approved, your increased credit limit will be available for use immediately after approval. Please allow for mail and processing time.
  • The credit limit on your Secured credit card is the same amount as your total deposit, with a maximum of $5000. 
  • Any request to increase the credit limit may result in an inquiry to your consumer credit report.

If you have any questions, please call us at 800-285-8585. We accept relay calls.

*After the account's been opened for six months, limit increases can be requested every six months thereafter.