We know you want to find out right away why your card didn't work. Please read on:
General decline reasons:
Please be aware if any of the following circumstances apply, your card can also decline.
- Check to see if your transaction exceeds the credit available.
- Possible magnetic strip damage (in this case, you'll need a new card).
- Card has not been activated.
- A hold has been placed on your account.
- Transactions in the following countries due to current sanctions:
- North Korea
- Crimea Region of Ukraine
*This is because we're required to restrict access or transactions of any customer located in a country subject to sanctions.
Specific decline reasons:
We'll need to review your account in detail to determine the specific reason why a charge was declined. Please call us to speak to a representative for detailed information.
- Credit cards: 800-285-8585
- Debit/ATM cards: 800-USBANKS(872-2657)
- We accept relay calls.