Integrating your values into your portfolio
We help you find market value in your values. Your wealth management professional will consider your ethical priorities, along with your desired financial objectives, to create your portfolio.
Impact investing includes environmental, social and governance (ESG) considerations. We offer socially and ethically responsible investment options that seek to mitigate risks and contribute to ESG solutions.
Our Asset Management Group includes a dedicated team of analysts with deep experience in analyzing and assessing ESG funds. Our excellent reputation with community partners helps us navigate ESG considerations – and because we don’t offer proprietary products – we're able to offer what we believe will be the most suitable options based on your needs.
Environmental – climate change, energy efficiency, pollution, water scarcity or biodiversity
Social – human rights, gender and racial diversity, education, labor standards or employee engagement
Governance – board composition, executive pay, audit committee, lobbying activities or political contributions
We believe considering ESG impact as part of investment analysis can help improve decision-making around potential risks and opportunities. With your goals in mind, we'll select funds that aim to deliver positive investment returns while addressing social or environmental challenges.
Our approach to helping you assess ESG investment options is:
- Data-driven. We offer objective and data-driven impact investment options.
- Insightful. We provide insights on the rapidly changing ESG landscape.
- Impactful. We seek to integrate your values into your portfolio.
- Meaningful. We help you discover the impact opportunities that connect with you.
Terms for impact investing
Here are some of the many terms for this field:
- Corporate social responsibility (CSR)
- Environmental, social & governance (ESG)
- Socially responsible investing (SRI)
- Sustainable investing (SI)
Definition of “greenwashing”
Greenwashing is a term for cases when investment managers focus their efforts primarily on exploiting marketing opportunities rather than making investment decisions based on genuine commitments to ESG impacts.
Defense against greenwashing
We serve as your first line of defense against greenwashing. We sort through the data to help clients separate the “winners from the spinners,” by looking at the root cause of greenwashing. Three critical areas of due diligence are:
- Benefits. Does the investment generate ESG benefits in addition to a financial return?
- Significance. How significant are ESG factors to the financial performance?
- Effort. Do the results come from ESG efforts or just chance?
Invest your way
Whether you want managed-for-you investments with Automated Investor, or you prefer to build and manage your own portfolio using our comprehensive suite of tools through Self-directed brokerage, our affiliate U.S. Bancorp Investments has an online investing option to meet your needs.
Our Service Teams
Where are you in your financial journey?
We work to understand your assets, needs and goals, then provide the right level of support to help you move forward.