This process is used when you want to file a report against a merchant through Visa or Mastercard. Examples of reasons include, but aren’t limited to:
- There was a minimum or maximum purchase amount required to accept a card as payment.
- There was a required surcharge for the transaction.
- The business would not accept the card.
- You were asked for an additional piece of identification.
File through the following site: https://usa.visa.com/Forms/visa-rules.html. Fill out the form with the requested information about yourself and the merchant. Then explain what happened and select “Submit”.
Contact them directly, by phone or online. Call 800-622-7747 to speak with an agent or visit https://www.mastercard.us to send an email.
- When visiting Mastercard’s website, there’s no form to complete. Instead, scroll down the page to locate their “FAQs” page. Then, scroll down and choose “Problems shopping”.
See also: Mastercard Frequently Asked Questions.
- Within this section, there’s information on where to send an email to Mastercard. They also provide detailed information about merchant surcharges and fees.