Our goal setting tool can help you set money aside for a special occasion, a large purchase, or anything else you can save for. It's easy to get started and you can have up to 10 goals per savings account.
How to set a goal using digital banking
- Online banking: Select Plan & track at the top of the page, then choose My goals.
U.S. Bank Mobile App: Scroll down to the “Goals” section and select Set a goal.
- Choose Add a goal. Select one from the list or customize it by choosing Other. Then, select Continue.
- Enter your goal's name, the total amount to save, and what date you want to achieve your goal. Select Continue.
- Choose Connect my goal to an account, then select Start saving toward my goal.
- Choose the savings account you want linked to your goal, then select Continue.
- Select Create my initial funding plan. We’ll suggest how much to contribute each month.
- Choose how you’d like to transfer funds, then select Confirm.
- Recurring transfer: Choose the account to transfer funds from, enter the amount, choose the frequency, and the start date.
- Direct deposit transfer: Enter the amount you’d like taken from your direct deposits.
- Automatic transfer: We’ll automatically transfer funds up to three times each week. Transfers are less than $50 at a time, and we won't make a transfer if your balance might become low.
To freely explore our digital banking services without using your own account, visit our Digital Banking Simulators page. If you'd like a step-by-step tutorial on how to use a specific service or feature, check out our Digital Explorer page.