Managing your money is important and we want to help. If you've decided to transfer the balance from an external account to your credit card, follow the steps below.
To request a balance transfer using digital banking
- Select your credit card.
- Online banking: Choose Account services, then select Balance transfer from the "Payments" section.
U.S. Bank Mobile App: Choose Manage, then select Transfer a balance within the "Offers" section.
- Review the offers shown; when you find one you want, select Choose this offer.
- Choose a payee or enter one from the drop-down menu.
- Enter the requested information below, then choose Continue when done. If you're having trouble finding this, contact the financial institution's customer service department.
- Payee address (we'll prefill the address whenever possible).
- Account number to be paid.
- The amount to transfer.
- Select Add another transfer if you have multiple payees.
- Review your balance transfer information. Then select, View balance transfer terms and conditions.
- If the information is correct and once you've viewed the terms, choose Submit.
To process a balance transfer using a business credit card account, please call us at 888-485-4545 and speak with a banker.
Balance transfers can't be used to pay any account issued by U.S. Bank. Balance transfers do not earn rewards. For full details, please refer to your Cardmember Agreement.
To freely explore our digital banking services without using your own account, visit our Digital Banking Simulators page. If you'd like a step-by-step tutorial on how to use a specific service or feature, check out our Digital Explorer page.