When adding an account to use for external transfers, we'll need to verify it before it can be used.
To start the process, log in to online banking and follow these steps:
- Select Transfers, then Manage My Transfers.
- Select the External Transfers tab.
- Choose Add a New Account (below the Transfer box).
- Choose the Account Type, then enter your account information and select Next.
During this process, we will attempt to instantly verify your external account. If we're unable to complete instant verification, we will make two small deposits of less than $1 within one to two days. Once received, complete the process by following these steps:
- Log in to online banking, access the External Transfers tab and select Preferences.
- Select Verify next to the new account listed and enter the deposit amounts.
- Once verified, the Account Activated screen will appear and you can begin using it for transfers.
- You can add/maintain up to five external accounts.
- Instant verification uses information from commercially available databases containing public records, other financial institutions, and consumer reporting agencies.
- The option to add an external account is only available on the full usbank.com website. This option is not available on mobile banking.
- If you have any questions, contact Online Banking Technical Support at 800-987-7237.