We'll need to speak with you to begin the process. After that, we'll need a written request to complete it. Start by visiting your local U.S. Bank branch or calling 800-USBANKS (872-2657). We accept relay calls.
Here's what you can expect:
- We'll collect some information about your beneficiary.
- Please provide the person's name, date of birth, address, phone number and SSN.
- If it's a business or trust (including charities or churches), we'll need the business name, address, phone number, and TIN.
- Let your banker or representative know if you want to add the same person, business, or trust to multiple accounts. We'll ask for the last four digits of each account they should be added to.
- With this information, a request will be submitted to send you a form. We'll mail this within two business days.
- Return the signed form and we'll complete the addition or changes.
Note: Beneficiaries don't have signing authority. This means, they don't have to sign the form to be added or change their information. They're also not required to be present at the time of designation.