How do I change the name on my personal credit card?

When you change the name on your personal credit card you can expect new card(s) sent out. To change or correct your name, contact us at 800-285-8585. We accept relay calls. 

Major name change: More than two letters

Please be prepared with legal documentation to complete your request. You can send the documentation by fax or mail to:

  • Fax: 866-568-7729
  • Mail: Cardmember Service PO Box 6352 Fargo, ND 58125-6352

Acceptable legal documentation includes:

  • Government-issued photo ID
  • Social Security card
  • Passport
  • Marriage certificate - A marriage license can't be accepted unless it's a combination license and certificate, or includes the marriage date, witness signatures, or a notary seal.
  • Divorce decree
  • Court document, including a seal, stamp, or signature of authority
  • Naturalization papers

Additional information:

Character limitations include:

  • The first and last name fields cannot exceed 60 characters, including spaces. 
  • The middle name field cannot exceed 50 characters, including spaces.