Adding a joint owner to your account is an important decision. Please be aware of the following:
- You and the potential joint owner may have an inquiry on your consumer credit bureau report.
- If the potential joint owner is approved, they can't be removed from the credit card account.
If you'd like to move forward, follow these steps:
- Call us at the number on the back of your credit card or at 800-285-8585.
- Verify the information requested, then our automated phone system provides a summary of your account.
- When asked to give a reason for your call, say "representative" to be routed to the next available person.
- After you've been verified, tell them you'd like to add a joint owner and we'll send you a form to complete.
Once you receive the form, follow these steps:
- Provide the requested information, then your signature.
- Ask your potential joint owner to review the form and sign it.
- Return the completed form to us and we'll review the request.
- If approved, you'll receive a card in the joint-owner's name, along with a copy of the Cardmember Agreement.
- If declined, we'll send a letter explaining why.