Can I request a stop payment on my balance transfer?

There’s a couple of things to keep in mind when determining if a stop payment can be submitted.

If your credit card account is 10 days old or less:

  • This is considered a new account. You can request a stop payment on all balance transfers submitted at the time of application for any reason.

If your credit card account is older than 10 days:

  • This is considered an existing account. A stop payment can be requested if it's been more than 14 days since the paper check was sent.
  • Balance transfers processed electronically on an existing account can’t be stopped.
Additional Information
If you have any questions, please call us at the number on the back of your card, or at 800-285-8585. We accept relay calls.