How do I change my name on my checking or savings account?

You can change your name on your account by visiting your local U.S. Bank branch or contacting us at 800-USBANKS (872-2657). We accept relay calls. 

You'll need an updated government issued ID or passport and legal name change documents to complete the process. Acceptable legal documentation includes:

  • Social Security card
  • Marriage certificate - A marriage license can't be accepted unless it's a combination license and certificate, or includes the marriage date, witness signatures, or a notary seal.
  • Divorce decree
  • Court document, including a seal, stamp, or signature of authority
  • Naturalization papers