Not entirely. You can keep security alerts from being sent to your mobile phone number. However, for your protection, security notifications are required for all accounts and are automatically sent to your primary email address.
If you’d like to disable security alerts sent to your mobile number, just follow these steps:
Online banking steps:
To get started, just log into online banking and follow these steps:
- Select Customer service at the top of the page, then choose My profile.
- Within the Phone Numbers section on the left, locate Consent-to-Contact Preferences, then select View/Edit Consent Details.
- Select the desired checkboxes to stop automated calls and text messages, then choose Save changes. If you have multiple accounts, these checkboxes will appear for each one.
- Review the pop-up disclaimer. If you're sure you don’t want to receive Security alerts at your mobile number, select Yes, opt out to finalize your changes.
U.S. Bank Mobile App steps:
For the best mobile banking experience, we recommend logging in or downloading the U.S. Bank Mobile App.
- Select the Main menu in the upper left of the screen.
- Choose Notifications.
- Select Turn on security notifications.
- Blue toggle indicates notifications are on.
- White toggle indicates notifications are off.