Foreign currency purchases and orders need to be done at a U.S. Bank branch. We encourage you to make an appointment to allow time for questions and processing.
- Logged into the mobile app? Select Make an appointment on your dashboard.
- Logged into online banking? Start by selecting Customer service at the top of your page, then choose Make an appointment.
- Not logged in? Visit usbank.com, then select Locations in the upper left corner and enter your ZIP code. Select the branch you'd like to schedule an appointment at, then choose Make an appointment.
Things to know before visiting with a branch banker:
- You'll need to have a checking, savings, or money market account with us.
- Bring valid identification with you at the time of the visit.
- A foreign currency exchange fee applies.
- $10 exchange fee for transactions equal to or less than $250 U.S. dollars.
- $0 exchange fee for transactions greater than $250 U.S. dollars.
- The total value of the currency must be at least $20 (USD). Foreign coins are not accepted.
- Foreign draft sales aren't available; however, an international wire transfer may be used as an alternate option.