Buying or exchanging foreign currency needs to take place at a U.S. Bank branch. We encourage you to make an appointment with a banker to allow time for questions and processing.
We handle currency from over 70 countries and there's no processing fee for purchasing it. However, there may be a fee for next-day delivery. See below for details.
- If the transaction is greater than 250 U.S. dollars (USD), there's no fee to receive the next day, by 4 p.m. local time.
- If the transaction is less than or equal to $250 USD, there's a $10 fee to receive the next day by 4 p.m. local time.
- To receive your purchase the next day by noon local time, a fee of $15 applies for the rush service. This is in addition to the fees listed above.
The total value of the currency must be at least $20 USD. Foreign coins are not accepted. For exchanges, a foreign currency exchange fee applies. Ask your banker for details.
Before arriving to your appointment, please be aware of the following:
- Currency purchases are shipped to the branch location that orders them.
- Home delivery is not available.
- Pickup can only be done by the person who ordered the currency (you).
- Bring valid government-issued identification with you.
- To purchase or exchange currency, you'll need to have a checking, savings, or money market account with us (U.S. Bank).
- Foreign draft sales aren't available; however, an international wire transfer may be used as an alternate option.