You can add, change, or remove your account's nickname in just a few steps. Here's how:
Online banking steps:
For the best online banking experience, we recommend logging in at usbank.com.
- Select My Accounts from the top of the page, then choose the account you want to nickname.
- Select Add account nickname or Edit account nickname below your account's last four digits.
- Enter your nickname, change it, or erase it. Select Save.
U.S. Bank Mobile App steps:
For the best mobile banking experience, we recommend logging in or downloading the U.S. Bank Mobile App.
- Select the account you want to nickname, then choose Account options.
- Select View account information, then choose Account nickname.
- Enter your nickname, change it, or erase it. Then select Done to the right.
Nicknames are shown in online and mobile banking only. They aren't used in other channels such as our Interactive Voice Response (IVR) system or at ATM's.
Nicknames are also limited to 20 characters long.