If the transaction is pending, follow the applicable steps below to cancel it. Once that's done, you can resubmit a new one with the correct information.
Online banking steps:
For the best online banking experience, we recommend logging in at usbank.com.
- Select Send Money at the top of the page, then choose Send Money with Zelle® or Send to Account. Either choice will bring you to a screen that offers the Actions section on the right side of the page.
- From the Actions section, select Transactions Timeline.
- Select the Scheduled tab to see a list of your scheduled payments.
- Select Cancel payment next to the one you no longer want.
U.S. Bank Mobile App steps:
For the best mobile banking experience, we recommend logging in or downloading the U.S. Bank Mobile App.
- From the account dashboard, choose Send money at the bottom of the screen.
- Choose Activity, then select the Scheduled tab and choose the transaction you no longer want.
- Scroll down and select Cancel Payment.
If the option to cancel isn't available, the payment is processing and can't be modified.
The recipient is notified when a cancellation occurs, and they've been sent a payment notification.