What it means
- Our Digital Security Guarantee acknowledges that you are not liable for unauthorized use of digital financial services available through usbank.com or the U.S. Bank Mobile App (“digital services”) that are reported promptly – within 60 days after we first deliver an account statement to you disclosing an unauthorized transaction has occurred.
- The guarantee covers unauthorized transfers to or from your consumer accounts (those used for personal, family or household purposes) initiated using digital services. Transactions that may be eligible under the guarantee include internal and external transfers, bill pay payments and Zelle® transactions.
- U.S. Bank will cover losses from eligible unauthorized digital services transactions, provided you report them to us promptly. If you notice something's not right with your account, contact us immediately at 800-USBANKS (872-2657). In order to be covered, eligible transactions must be reported within 60 days after we first deliver an account statement to you disclosing an unauthorized transaction.
- These protections are subject to additional restrictions covered in Your Deposit Account Agreement and the Digital Services Agreement and may not apply to commercial and small business accounts.
What it doesn’t mean
- The Digital Security Guarantee does not cover all mobile and online consumer account products or transfers, only eligible unauthorized transfers meeting the requirements stated above. It does not cover transfers made using digital wires.1 It also does not cover mobile check deposits, which are not considered eligible funds transfers.
- We won’t accept responsibility for transaction losses you incur as a result of carelessness or negligence on your part. For example, if you make a Zelle payment to an unfamiliar individual in exchange for the delivery of a product or service, and the product or service is not delivered as promised, or is delivered in a form that does not meet your expectations (damaged, unusable, counterfeit or otherwise), the Digital Security Guarantee does not apply. Because losses as a result of carelessness or negligence are not covered, we explicitly advise you to enter into transactions using digital services ONLY with people you know and trust. Caution and good judgment are essential when entering into any financial transaction.
Your responsibilities under the guarantee
- Avoid revealing your username, password or other credentials to any person or third party. If you provide your credentials to any person or third party, you authorize them to initiate transfers to or from your account, and those transactions are not considered “unauthorized.”
- Alert us within 60 days after we first deliver a statement to you that discloses an unauthorized transaction.
- Conduct your financial transactions wisely and responsibly, taking reasonable precautions to avoid being scammed or defrauded.
More about digital security from Financial IQ