What is a Simple Loan?
The U.S. Bank Simple Loan is a quick and convenient way for U.S. Bank checking customers to borrow up to $1,000 to take care of planned and unplanned expenses.
Not a U.S. Bank checking customer? Explore our checking account options.
How a Simple Loan works
- Apply anytime within Online or Mobile Banking, with a real-time decision and quick access to loan funds
- Borrow up to $1,000, in $100 increments
- Loan funds deposited directly into your U.S. Bank consumer checking account
- Repay the loan in 3 monthly payments
Simple pricing with no late fees or prepayment fees.
For every $100 borrowed you pay:
$12 fee with automatic payments from your U.S. Bank consumer checking account
$15 fee with manual payments
If you borrow $400 and select automatic payments, your fee will be $48. You’ll pay back a total of $448 in 3 monthly payments of approximately $149.33 each. Your total cost to borrow (Annual Percentage Rate) will be 70.65%.
To get started here's what you'll need.
- You must be at least 18 years old and have had a U.S. Bank checking account for a minimum of 6 months
- 3 months of recurring direct deposits into a U.S. Bank checking account
- Your Social Security number
Log in to Online or Mobile Banking and access the Simple Loan application link on the checking account page.
Our online application is convenient and secure.
If you’re already a U.S. Bank customer, you can find the Simple Loan application link on the checking account page when logged into Online or Mobile Banking.
We use the strongest available encryption to protect any information you send.