Your new U.S. Bank Visa Debit Card and Personal Identification Number (PIN) will arrive separately in the mail for your security.
- If you use Online Banking or Mobile Banking (including the mobile app), you can activate your debit card immediately when it arrives. Simply log in, go to Customer Service / Self Service, and find the option for debit card activation. Don't have the U.S. Bank Mobile App?
- If you don't use Online Banking or Mobile Banking, you can activate your debit card after your PIN arrives by doing one of the following:
- Make a deposit or withdrawal at any U.S. Bank ATM.
- Call us toll free at 800-236-3838.
- Bring your debit card to any U.S. Bank branch, and ask a banker to activate it for you.
Also, consider enrolling in Online and Mobile Banking once your PIN arrives. It’s free, secure, and lets you bank when and where it's convenient for you.