At U.S. Bank, we know how critical it is to keep your information safe. We are committed to protecting your personal information from unauthorized access or use.
- We have implemented physical, technical and administrative security measures that comply with federal law and industry standards, including network firewalls, Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption for online sessions, dedicated security teams, and secured files and buildings.
- As added security to ensure your identity, we'll also ask you one of your security questions or ask that you verify a one-time passcode prior to completing an external transfer.
- The external transfer service also employs a two-tiered verification system to make sure your accounts are secure.
- When you sign up for the External Transfer service, we provide confirmation of your identity and the accounts held externally.
- Before activating your external accounts, we'll verify each one with your external financial institution. This takes a little more time for you and for us, but it's part of the care we take to maintain your safety and the overall integrity of the payment network.
For more information, see our Online Privacy and Security page.