U.S. Bank ReliaCard®
How ReliaCard works
The U.S. Bank ReliaCard is a Visa® or Mastercard® branded reloadable prepaid debit card that replaces costly paper checks for government agency payments. ReliaCard enables agencies the ability to direct payments to a prepaid debit card and offers an efficient solution for reducing costs, delivering timely payments, and increasing electronic deposits.
Agencies simply utilize their existing direct deposit processes to deposit funds to recipients' ReliaCard account. Recipients can access their funds immediately and use their cards anywhere Visa or Mastercard is accepted. Anyone is eligible for the card, and there are no credit checks or bank accounts required.
- Sustained cost savings to the bottom line – Reduce costs associated with paper checks, postage, reconciliation or replacement of lost checks.
- Maximize electronic payments – Improves participation rates in direct deposit and delivers funds on time.
- Ease and convenience – Complements existing direct deposit processes through standard ACH funding.
- Multiple uses – Unemployment benefits, child support, Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) or other public assistance programs.
- Convenience – Funds are automatically loaded to the card, so there's no need to cash or deposit a check.
- Widely accepted – Make purchases or withdraw cash anywhere Visa or Mastercard debit cards are accepted.1 Note: cash access may not be available on all programs.
- Security – If the card is lost or stolen, the funds are protected by Visa or Mastercard's Zero Liability Policy2 and are FDIC insured.
ReliaCard features (not all features available on all programs)
- Balance Alerts – Request email or text3 notifications for activities such as the addition of funds or low balance.
- Pay Bills – Pay bills online directly through the biller or by using our online Bill Pay tool.
- Mobile Banking Application – Perform a balance inquiry or view transaction history using the ReliaCard Mobile App. Search for "U.S. Bank ReliaCard" in the App Store or Google Play.
- 24/7 Access – Cardholders may call Cardholder Services or go online to get real-time account information.
U.S. Bank: A prepaid industry leader
- One of the largest and most experienced issuers of prepaid cards.
- First prepaid card issuer to implement a Visa-branded debit card solution for disbursing government agency payments.
- Over 94 government agency programs across 30 states.
- Member of Center for Financial Services Innovation (CFSI).
- Member of the American Bankers Association (ABA).
- Member of the Electronic Payments Association (NACHA).
Contact us today
For ReliaCard or other program development questions, please contact us.
If you are a cardholder in need of assistance, please visit usbankreliacard.com or call 855.282.6161.