Your business card program allows for three different levels of administrative access.
Authorized Officer (AO)
The Authorized Officer is typically the business owner, president, partner, vice president, or treasurer and is authorized to enter into binding agreements on behalf of the business.
- Must be a cardmember.
- Full authority to make updates, changes, or requests for the business card program.
The AO can be changed by calling Cardmember Service. The new AO is subject to underwriting approval.
Authorized Representative (AR)
Authorized Representatives are individuals who are given the authority to perform many administrative tasks on behalf of the AO or company.
- Not required to be a cardmember.
- Has authority to make many updates and changes; please see “Who Can Do What” for details.
The AO can add an AR to the account by calling Cardmember Service or by sending in the Authorized Representative form.
Employees can be issued cards to help manage business expenses.
- Each cardholder has a unique credit card account number, a separate spending limit, and has access to their individual account information.
- An Authorized Officer can add employee cards by logging into their business card profile at usbank.com. From the Customer Service tab at the top of the page, select Self Service and then Manage Employees. You may also call Cardmember Service.