COVID-19: Taking precautions and implementing actions
Stay informed in a rapidly changing environment.
You can rely on U.S. Bank to help you maintain your business operations during challenging times. While you transition to new solutions and ways of doing business, we offer the security and stability that is the foundation of how we do business. The continual delivery of essential financial services is the focus and foundational basis of our strategic planning. Our focus is on keeping you aware and informed during these challenging times. Thank you for the trust you place in us as your service provider.
Main Street Lending Program3
The MSLP provides credit to small- and medium-sized businesses that have been affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. Eligible companies can use an MSLP federal loan to cover general business expenses, including payroll and operations.
Insights and support for your business
Business operations questions and answers
U.S. Bank is taking measures to continue to serve you during the COVID-19 pandemic. The health and financial well-being of our customers and employees is foremost on our minds as we regularly update this page in response to changing conditions, keeping you informed with the most up-to-date information.
How do I know if my branch is affected?
For updates on hours and available branch locations, see the Branch Locator on usbank.com. Simply enter your preferred location in the search bar to quickly find branches in your area. Selecting a location from the left-hand menu or the pinpoint on the map will allow you to access current information by clicking on Today’s Hours or Branch Details.
Please note that at this time, branches across the country have adjusted hours from 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. local time. Any branch that currently opens later than 9:30 a.m. or closes earlier than 4 p.m. will maintain its regular schedule.
Decisions to temporarily close locations are done on a case-by-case or region-by-region basis. For the most up-to-date information see the Branch Locator on usbank.com.
If a branch/office/processing site is forced to temporarily close, how long will it be closed?
Each event/situation is evaluated regularly. If a temporary closure is imposed by a government agency, we will follow that agency’s direction for the length of closure. If it is based on a U.S. Bank decision for the health and safety of our customers and employees, the length of the temporary closure will depend on the reason and when it is best to reopen. U.S. Bank will immediately take the steps necessary to redirect all work to an alternate location based on business continuity plans.
- Service adjustments may include modified operating hours, temporary closures or drive-up only services for deposits and change orders.
- Signage is posted in branches alerting you to any adjustments.
- In the case of temporary branch closures, signage will direct you to the nearest open branch.
- Use our Branch Locator on usbank.com to access any changes in processing times.
Can I use any branch if the one I am supposed to use is temporarily closed? Will U.S. Bank have adequate staff to process my work at the alternative branch?
We prefer you use the branch identified in the posted closure notice. However, it is not required. Alternative branches can be found using the online Branch Locator. We are working daily to provide adequate staffing to handle volume.
Will night drop facilities continue to be available, even if a branch office is temporarily closed? Can I access the night drop if I don’t normally use the drop or don’t have a key?
Do not use the night drop if “Temporarily Closed” signage is posted on the night drop itself. Otherwise the night drop should still be available for use. Contact your nearest open branch for more information regarding access.
Should I order extra change now, so I don’t have to worry about not being able to order later?
If you need to place larger than normal orders, please coordinate with the branch.
Currently, U.S. Bank Cash Vault services are fully operational. We are experiencing higher than normal volumes in our cash vaults and are diligently working to credit customer deposits and fulfill change orders in a timely manner.
- If a cash vault is required to temporarily close, we will redirect processing to the nearest cash vault.
- Please contact your armored courier with questions on their service.
- Your treasury management consultants, relationship managers and Commercial Customer Service representatives are prepared to answer any questions you may have. Additionally, a broadcast message on the phone ordering system and a banner message on SinglePoint Cash Vault Ordering will relate impactful events within our network.
- Cash Vault Customer Support is open and ready to take calls or emails. They can be reached at 888-499-1595 or email@example.com.
Can I still place cash vault orders? Will it take longer?
Current ordering methods are still available. We prefer orders be placed via the Comp-u-Order touchtone system or SinglePoint, as manual orders cannot be accepted. In case of cash vault closure, orders would be received a minimum of one day later than normal. The delay could be longer if armored transportation is not readily available or staffing levels are impacted.
Should I order extra change/cash now, so I don’t have to worry about not being able to order later?
- If you need to place larger than normal orders, please either email and/or call your relationship manager. If you are requesting an off-schedule delivery, please confirm your armored courier has agreed to the additional pickup.
- For extra-large orders we are asking for a five-business day lead time to prepare the order and ensure our ability to fulfill all our customers’ order requests.
- Requests for over limit cash orders will require your relationship manager’s approval. We are in regular contact with the Federal Reserve to ensure consistent flow of incoming cash.
What are some alternative options to armored car pickup and delivery in case of cash vault closures?
If a cash vault closes, your armored courier will be directed to the nearest cash vault. Orders will process a minimum of one day later than normal, with deposits crediting the same. The delay could be longer if armored transportation is not readily available or staffing is impacted.
Will there be a delay in receiving credit from the bank or getting change orders?
We don’t anticipate any processing delays; however, delays could occur if work is redirected to another vault or staffing levels are impacted. With a vault closure, deposits would post a minimum of one day later than normal. The delay could be longer if armored transportation is not readily available or we could not relocate staff to process the excess.
How are the vaults set up to operate in case of a disruption? Employee shortages? Technology interruptions?
U.S. Bank has a business continuity plan for our cash vault services. The vaults perform regular exercises to test the plan’s resiliency. The plan encompasses disruptions, employee shortages and technology interruptions. If the plan is implemented, we will offer our most essential services to best serve the most customers. We will discontinue late change orders, research requests, processing foreign deposits and fulfilling supply orders. We are in regular contact with the Federal Reserve to ensure consistent flow of incoming cash.
If our armored carrier is not able to pick up our deposit, can we deposit at the local branch?
We are not able to take your deposits at the local branch. Please deliver your deposits to the cash vault when armored transportation becomes available.
- We have added flexibility to our network and prepared for servicing our customers at alternate locations.
- We have tested our internal systems to ensure that our business continuity plan has no impact with using alternate site locations for remote servicing.
- All our support functions remain fully online, and we are prepared to respond to address multiple scenarios.
Will there be a delay in receiving credit from the bank?
We are not experiencing any processing delays, and we will do our best to ensure enough staffing.
What is the back-up site for my work?
We are prepared to select any of our locations as an alternative lockbox processing site. The decision will be made based on distance and local market conditions.
What happens if the United States Postal Service (USPS) cannot continue to deliver the mail?
This would be an unprecedented situation. We are in regular communication with the USPS and would continue to be so in this scenario. Lockbox processing would resume once USPS delivery was re-established.
What happens if a courier suspends operations in a market?
U.S. Bank Transportation would work to secure another provider to pick up and deliver the mail to the site.
Can I change the address where Lockbox mail out packages are delivered?
Yes. There are options to direct your outbound packages to an alternative business address approved by your organization and compliant with SOX, PCI and/or HIPAA requirements. If circumstances require packages to be delivered temporarily to a home address, please note that you are doing so at your own risk.
If your lockbox packages are mailed to a home address, please follow these guidelines:
- Securely store all documents until destruction.
- Destroy documents within 30 days. (Cross-cut shredding is strongly recommended.)
- Contact U.S. Bank immediately if any errors or misdirection of mail is determined.
How long will it take for the mail to be delivered to the alternative site? Is it secure?
If it is necessary to deliver mail to an alternative site, the selection on the new processing location will be made based on distance and local market conditions. There are possible scenarios:
- Mail is re-routed from the lockbox site. Mail would be routed through established courier partners and delivery routes using secure services. Mail would typically be delivered next day; however, the alternate site location will be driven by the COVID-19 conditions across the nation.
- Mail is re-routed from the United States Postal Service (USPS). If a USPS facility experiences a closure, the delivery time will be dependent on the USPS mail handling. We are in frequent communication with the USPS and will communicate impacts as we receive them.
Will you have adequate staff operating to process my work at the alternative site?
We are not currently experiencing staffing impact at any site. Our systems have the flexibility and ability to redirect keying functions to any of our site locations. This will provide the ability to process work regardless of the physical capture site. We have temporary staff employer contracts in place that will allow us to engage local temporary staff without delay.
Are you anticipating impacts to the Web Decisioning window?
There will be no change to your Web Decisioning window.
Are you anticipating delays to viewing images in Image Look?
No. There will be no change to the cutoff schedules or timing of output files, including delivery of images to Image Look.
Who do I call for customer support?
Please continue to use your existing bank contacts, including Lockbox Customer Service, Commercial Customer Service, your treasury management consultant or account officer.
Can I take my scanner home?
Yes, but with some qualifications:
- U.S. Bank’s check handling guidelines for On-Site Electronic Deposit and Deposit Express still apply. Key points to remember are:
- You must securely store all documents until destruction.
- Documents must be destroyed within 30 days. Cross-cut shredding is strongly recommended.
- Access SinglePoint through your organization’s approved laptop or desktop equipment and secure network. If circumstances require deposits outside of this secure environment, please note that you are doing so at your own risk.
- The SCM must be installed in a browser for most scanners. Call Commercial Customer Service (877-224-8070) for help with any installation issues.
- Home scanning should only be employed as a temporary solution. Normal on-site scanning should resume once your business location is available.
I am working remotely and need to deposit checks but don’t have my regular scanner at my remote worksite. How can I scan checks?
On-Site Electronic Deposit Mobile and Deposit Express Mobile help expedite the check collection process by reducing deposit delays for check payments collected remotely. Using your enabled mobile device, you can scan and deposit checks when and where they are received to meet daily deposit cutoff times. Contact your treasury management consultant to implement On-Site Electronic Deposit Mobile and Deposit Express Mobile services.
For our clients that utilize branch services
To prioritize the health and well-being of our customers and employees, we have temporarily reduced the hours of operation at all branches. As of March 19, we decreased lobby usage in many areas and are encouraging our customers to use our drive-up services instead. If you have questions about local branch hours, please check your branch location page.