U.S. Bank Chief Innovation Officer Dominic Venturo gives his team's top picks for gadgets to check out for the innovator in your life this holiday season.
One of the cool parts of working with emerging technology and trends is that my U.S. Bank innovation team gets to experiment with the latest gadgets. It's part of our job in keeping the bank a step ahead and improving our customers' experience.
So come holiday season, what kinds of gadgets are on our wish lists? Here are five of our top picks to check out for the innovator in your life:
- For the entertainer: Think of the 1950s when a family would have people over to check out the first TV sets. We think the Sony PlayStation 4 VR Launch Bundle could have that type of potential in bringing virtual reality to living rooms.
- For the fitness-obsessed: Our innovation research and development director calls the Garmin Fenix 3 HR the "coolest, all-purpose, rugged smartwatch out there."
- For the parent: MakerBloks are a great way to teach electronics to kids, all through storytelling. The startup company recently went through Target’s Techstars Retail accelerator.
- For the traveler: Want to step up your vacation photo game? Now you can take 360 shots with a single click, using digital cameras like the Ricoh Theta S.
- For the reader: The book What If?: Serious Scientific Answers to Absurd Hypothetical Questions is a couple years old but a great reminder to keep asking questions.
What’s on your list??? Let us know on Twitter at @usbank.
Dominic Venturo is the chief innovation officer of U.S. Bank.