U.S. Bank has made agreements with seven leading data aggregator and fintech companies to make it easier, faster and more secure for customers to connect their U.S. Bank account information with third party applications.
The agreements come as U.S. Bank builds up its new U.S. Bank Developer Portal. The portal contains APIs, or application programming interfaces, that enable developers to quickly build innovative services that securely connect to select U.S. Bank account information, as directed by the customer.
Among the seven companies that have entered into agreements with U.S. Bank, are:
• DecisionLogic, a pioneer in advanced bank verification solutions that enables lenders to instantly qualify potential borrowers based solely on their banking histories.
• eMoney Advisor, a leading financial planning platform that serves more than 60,000 financial professionals and 4 million households in the U.S.
• FileThis, a document aggregation platform that securely retrieves and organizes bills, bank, tax, and other personal finance statements.
• Finicity, a leading provider of consumer permissioned financial data, access and insights.
• MX Technologies, the leading data platform for financial institutions that enables clients and partners to collect, enhance, analyze, present and act on financial data.
The Developer Portal APIs are designed to industry standards and comply with Financial Data Exchange (FDX) guidelines. U.S. Bank is a founding board member of FDX, which works with other financial institutions, data aggregators, and fintechs to create a standard and framework for consumer-permissioned data sharing across the industry.
“The new U.S. Bank Developer Portal – combined with our newly signed fintech partners – gives our customers more options than ever before,” said Gareth Gaston, executive vice president of Omnichannel at U.S. Bank. “This is one of the ways we are moving at speed and scale at U.S. Bank to help our customers bank when, where and how they want.”
Today’s agreements are in addition to one announced previously with Intuit. Additionally, new data aggregator and fintech companies continue to be added regularly.
U.S. Bancorp, with 74,000 employees and $482 billion in assets as of June 30, 2019, is the parent company of U.S. Bank, the fifth-largest commercial bank in the United States. The Minneapolis-based bank blends its relationship teams, branches and ATM network with mobile and online tools that allow customers to bank how, when and where they prefer. U.S. Bank is committed to serving its millions of retail, business, wealth management, payment, commercial and corporate, and investment services customers across the country and around the world as a trusted financial partner, a commitment recognized by the Ethisphere Institute naming the bank a 2019 World’s Most Ethical Company. Visit U.S. Bank at usbank.com or follow on social media to stay up to date with company news.
Antoine LaFromboise, U.S. Bank