2018 Summer Internship-CAS-WISC
What you’ll do
We offer a competitive 12 week paid internship opportunity to work on meaningful projects and effect real change at our company. Our interns get hands-on experience solving business needs and helping in the communities where we live and work. You’ll build your resume while making new connections and sharpening the skills you need to succeed at work. Plus, the work you do will be tailored to your interests. A typical employee spends eight hours a day at work. We think you should spend that time doing something you love – not just earning a paycheck. In your day-to-day work, you’ll learn how employees collaborate to serve all our stakeholders. Your meaningful work experience may even translate into a full-time position in the banking industry upon completion of your internship.
In Corporate Audit Services, we independently assess the internal controls of the company on behalf of the audit committee of the board. During your internship in Corporate Audit Services, you will perform audit duties and document work performed in accordance with the department policies and Institute of Internal Auditors Standards. You'll learn about U.S. Bank business lines and topics that impact our industry. A typical day includes gaining an understanding of key business processes, testing key controls, documenting conclusions, and providing value added recommendations to management.
Why U.S. Bank?
Join a team of more than 73,000 employees in 28 states and eight countries, all committed to doing the right thing, making smart changes and collaborating for the good of our customers, communities, and other stakeholders – and especially for the good of one another. But don’t just take our word for it – we’ve been recognized by the Ethisphere Institute as a 2017 World's Most Ethical Company® for three years running.
Part of doing the right thing is making sure our employees feel welcome and supported at work, while challenging you to develop personally and professionally. At U.S. Bank, you’ll be empowered with the tools you need to succeed in your role and grow your career.
We can’t wait to meet you – apply today.
• Work with experienced members of the engagement team in successfully conducting assigned audits from beginning to end
• Assist in planning audit engagements to include interviewing auditees, identifying and analyzing business processes and identifying key risks and controls
• Evaluate the design and test the operating effectiveness of controls using appropriate sampling and control testing techniques
• Obtain and review evidence that helps ensure audit conclusions are sound and are documented in such a manner that facilitates review and meets the department policies
• Draft potential audit issues under the supervision of a more experienced team member
• Ensure adherence to all applicable Corporate Audit Services and Institute of Internal Auditors Standards and Codes of Ethics
• Learn from and apply coaching received
• Perform other related duties as requested
Explore your career possibilities at U.S. Bank and join a company that’s as passionate as you are about helping our customers meet their goals and making a difference in the communities we live and work. Our industry-leading financial performance, innovative spirit and best-in-class reputation empower employees to succeed. U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
Explore What's Possible With a Career at U.S. Bank!
Skills and Qualifications:
• Within one year of receiving a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, MIS, or related discipline
• Ability to think and work independently with a professional demeanor
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong analytical, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills
• Flexibility to work within a multiple disciplinary team and receive dynamic on-the-job training
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously
1st - Daytime
Yes, 20 % of the Time