ABOUT US - https://www.elavon.com/about/company
Elavon Intern - The Grove
Elavon’s Atlanta mobile and global product team is seeking a full-time software product user experience (UX) design/development intern to help implement the next generation of global mobile payment solution. Enter at the “ground floor” and join a data-driven team that executes beyond expectations and pushes the boundaries of what’s possible with creative solutions to hard, mobile-centric business opportunities. We are looking for enthusiastic individuals with a strong academic background and a proven capacity for understanding new technologies, to help deliver on our charter of harvesting innovation to better enable and grow small business. We offer a highly competitive salary and a flexible work environment allows for creativity and a fun at work. This is a Summer internship and is based in Atlanta, GA.
Mobile UI/UX Developer Intern – iOS, Android, Mobile web
Work within a centralized software UX team who compliments QA and server-side development teams. Own and account for UI/UX design implementation of mobile software payment products and experiences. Collaborate and team to deliver functional, best-in-class, user-focused, competitive, and intuitive software product user experiences.
• Candidate must be pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science, DM/CM, HCI or technology-related field, including:
o 1+ years of Mac/iOS and/or Android Java design and/or development
o Exposure to and demonstrated proficiency in Computer Science fundamentals – OO development, data structures, algorithm - design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
o Agile (e.g. SCRUM) and or LEAN software development lifecycles & methods
o Ability to write high-performance, reusable code for UI components.
o Experience using Git or other source code version control systems.
o Ability to obtain and maintain work authorization in the country of employment (USA)
• Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication
• Passion for design best practices, principles of interaction design, and continuous learning
· Passion for test driven development and defensive programming, performance debugging, and benchmarking.
· A curiosity of user behavior and the man-machine experience
· A customer-focus mindset
· An ability to be meticulous with details and see the bigger picture at the same time;
· An ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a team in an agile development environment.
· Application design, architecture
· Modeling: data, process, events, objects
· Information management
· Web protocols
Working experience in:
· Change control (GIT, SVN, SCM)
· IT standards, procedures, policy governance
· Application testing
· System testing
· Application maintenance
· System development life cycle
· Application development tools
1st - Daytime