What you’ll do
In Corporate Audit Services (CAS), we independently assess the internal controls of the company on behalf of the audit committee of the board. As a Staff Auditor in CAS, you will perform audit duties and document work performed in accordance with the department policies and Institute of Internal Auditors Standards. You'll learn about U.S. Bank business lines and topics that impact our industry. A typical day includes gaining an understanding of key business processes, testing key controls, documenting conclusions, and providing value added recommendations to management.
During the first year, you will join the CAS Year One Development Program (Y1DP) and be provided development opportunities and exposure across Corporate Audit Services. The Y1DP will allow you an opportunity to develop a broad knowledge base and build relationships by rotating through three audit teams. The Y1DP will also provide a structured onboarding process, opportunities to reflect and learn from others in the program, and opportunities to receive feedback in order to develop and grow. Following the 12-month Y1DP, you will be placed on an audit team based on your preference, the teams’ preferences, and the needs of CAS.
Why U.S. Bank?
Join a team of more than 73,000 employees in 28 states and eight countries, all committed to doing the right thing, making smart changes and collaborating for the good of our customers, communities, and other stakeholders – and especially for the good of one another. But don’t just take our word for it – we’ve been recognized by the Ethisphere Institute as a 2017 World's Most Ethical Company® for three years running.
Part of doing the right thing is making sure our employees feel welcome and supported at work, while challenging you to develop personally and professionally. At U.S. Bank, you’ll be empowered with the tools you need to succeed in your role and grow your career.
We can’t wait to meet you – apply today.
Staff Auditor Responsibilities
• Work with more experienced members of the engagement team in successfully conducting assigned audits from beginning to end.
• Assist in planning audit engagements to include interviewing auditees; identifying and analyzing business processes; and identifying key risks and controls.
• Understand and document risks and related controls, and analyze and dimension those risks to ensure appropriate risk mitigation.
• Evaluate the design and test the operating effectiveness of controls using appropriate sampling and control testing techniques.
• Obtain and review evidence that helps ensure audit conclusions are sound and are documented in such a manner that facilitates review and meets the department policies.
• Draft potential audit issues under the supervision of a more experienced team member. Ensure root causes are identified; the relevancy of the issue is assessed; and recommendations for mitigating risks are offered.
• Ensure adherence to all applicable Corporate Audit Services and Institute of Internal Auditors Standards and Codes of Ethics.
• Ensure proper focus on professional growth by taking on more challenging tasks, and by proactively seeking relevant training and certification opportunities.
• Learn from and apply coaching received.
• Perform other related duties as requested, or as the situation warrants.
Explore your career possibilities at U.S. Bank and join a company that’s as passionate as you are about helping our customers meet their goals and making a difference in the communities we live and work. Our industry-leading financial performance, innovative spirit and best-in-class reputation empower employees to succeed. U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
Explore What's Possible With a Career at U.S. Bank!
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, MIS or related discipline
• Ability to think and work independently, demonstrate a professional demeanor, and have high energy with a can do attitude
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as strong analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills.
• Flexibility to work within a multiple disciplinary team and receive dynamic on-the-job training.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously
Some travel is required – up to 20% depending on project assignments.
Risk Management / Fraud Prevention
1st - Daytime
Yes, 20 % of the Time