Under general guidance and supervision, this position typically handles investigations involving credit card fraud allegations and provides recommendations to a Principal Investigator or Team Lead for determination of case disposition. Following the investigation, case development and regulatory filing, may identify weaknesses / risks and recommend solutions to management.
- Conducts thorough research and analysis of fraudulent activity related to credit card accounts referred by other departments.
- Reviews case documentation and obtains additional information as necessary.
- Maintains thorough and accurate case notes.
- Understands and adheres to suspicious activity filing requirements and processes, as required for this position.
- Prepares suspicious activity reports in accordance with established guidelines, processes and procedures.
- Maintains files in conjunction with record keeping/legal records hold policies to comply with retention schedules or records.
- Provides confidential reports to management as required.
- May prepare cases for criminal and civil prosecution and attend court to pursue restitution and testify on behalf of the bank.
- Refers matters to law enforcement as appropriate.
- Responds to law enforcement inquiries as assigned.
- Actively ensures compliance with the U.S. Bank Code of Ethics and all Anti-Money Laundering, Bank Secrecy Act, information security and suspicious activity reporting requirements, policies and procedures.
- Actively participates in all required corporate and business line training.
- May include minimal travel.