Like you, U.S. Bank has a bright future and remains the only large U. S. based Bank to be named a World’s Most Ethical Company® by the Ethisphere Institute two years in a row. For the 6th year in a row we have been named #1 Most Admired Super-Regional Bank by Fortune. We scored in the top 10 in all industries in our Management Quality. We were rated #5 out of 340 companies (behind only the likes of Apple, Starbucks, Walt Disney, and Goldman Sachs group and ahead of Google, Nike, Facebook, Nordstrom and Wells Fargo).
This took hard work and to stay on top, we recognize we must have individuals who can help US continue to meet and exceed our goals. U.S. Bank offers challenging purpose, great teams, and the tools to build your capabilities. Take your career in an exciting new direction, and as far as you want to go, in our performance based environment.
Here is what you can expect when you work for us:
U.S. Bank Core Values
Our core values establish a standard of measure for acting in the best interest of our customers, colleagues, communities and shareholders. They tell us what’s important and how we’ll succeed – now and in the future. And they apply equally to everyone.
• We do the right thing.
• We power potential.
• We stay a step ahead.
• We draw strength from diversity.
• We put people first.
About the Job:
U.S. Bank Corporate Audit Services (CAS) is seeking a strong candidate to join our growing team of finance professionals. The candidate would work on a variety of Corporate Treasury projects (asset/liability management, liquidity risk management, market risk, capital management, enterprise-wide stress-testing, investment portfolio, derivatives, etc.) that support execution of the Audit Committee’s approved plan, and provide Senior Management with recommendations to strengthen key business processes.
The Senior Auditor is responsible for completing assignments in accordance with CAS Policies and Procedures under the supervision of an Audit Project Manager or Audit Manager. The Senior Auditor is expected to understand and apply internal audit principles and standards and complete assignments with minimal supervision.
1. Assists audit planning activities in accordance with CAS Policies and Procedures including client communications.
2. Assists/Completes risk assessments, control identification and business process narratives/flowcharts.
3. Completes and/or supervises Control Effectiveness Testing.
4. Identifies potential issues and effectively communicates with Audit Project Manager and/or Audit Project Manager.
5. Assists with the Summarization of Results / Reporting audit phase.
6. Assists the audit team with continuous monitoring communication with senior management.
Explore What's Possible with a Career at U.S. Bank!
1. Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related discipline
2. A combination of five to seven years progressive experience in public accounting, financial institutions internal audit, and consulting.
3. ACL software experience required
1. Professional Certification as CFA, CPA, CIA, CFSA or MBA in area of specialization.
2. Conducting Basel, Investment or Corporate Treasury (asset/liability management, liquidity risk management, investment portfolio, derivatives, etc.) audits a plus.
3. Considerable knowledge in auditing, reporting and analysis.
4. Well-developed ability to identify and resolve exceptions and to analyze data.
5. Ability to think and work independently, demonstrate a professional demeanor, have high energy with a can do attitude, and strong analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills.
6. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
7. Flexibility to work with a multiple disciplinary team and to receive on the job training in those areas.
8. Ability to manage multiple tasks/projects and deadlines simultaneously.
9. Willingness to work hours as needed to meet critical deadlines.
Risk Management / Fraud Prevention
Other Locations North Carolina-NC-Charlotte, Wisconsin-WI-Milwaukee
1st - Daytime
Yes, 25 % of the Time