Like you, U.S. Bank has a bright future and remains the only large U. S. based Bank to be named a World’s Most Ethical Company® by the Ethisphere Institute two years in a row. For the 6th year in a row we have been named #1 Most Admired Super-Regional Bank by Fortune. We scored in the top 10 in all industries in our Management Quality. We were rated #5 out of 340 companies (behind only the likes of Apple, Starbucks, Walt Disney, and Goldman Sachs group and ahead of Google, Nike, Facebook, Nordstrom and Wells Fargo).
This took hard work and to stay on top, we recognize we must have individuals who can help US continue to meet and exceed our goals. U.S. Bank offers challenging purpose, great teams, and the tools to build your capabilities. Take your career in an exciting new direction, and as far as you want to go, in our performance based environment.
Here is what you can expect when you work for us:
U.S. Bank Core Values
Our core values establish a standard of measure for acting in the best interest of our customers, colleagues, communities and shareholders. They tell us what’s important and how we’ll succeed – now and in the future. And they apply equally to everyone.
• We do the right thing.
• We power potential.
• We stay a step ahead.
• We draw strength from diversity.
• We put people first.
The ideal candidate will have experience in auditing Wholesale Banking and/or Mortgage.
The CAS: Audit Project Manager is responsible for completing all phases of assigned audits in accordance with CAS Policies and Procedures with minimal supervision.
1. The Audit Project Manager works with the Audit Manager with audit planning requirements which includes the Audit Planning Analysis document.
2. Completes and/or supervises completion of Risk & Control Design Assessments.
3. Supervises Control Effectiveness Testing. Ensures all test procedures met the test objective for the areas in scope for the audit.
4. Performs the first level of review of all workpaper documentation for accuracy and completeness for compliance with CAS Policies and Procedures.
5. Supervises Staff and Senior Auditors and provides training as necessary. Additionally, performs all quarterly performance assessments for all staff and senior auditors.
6. Identifies potential issues and completes Point For Discussions (PFDs) as well as assists the Audit Manager with presentation of the PFDs to the business line.
7. The Audit Project Manager assists the Audit Manager with the summarization phase of assigned audits which includes the draft of the audit report and finalization of the audit workpapers and PFDs .
8. Coordinates efforts between external providers for assistance in audits as well as coordinates workpaper review by external auditors.
9. Performs other duties as requested by management.
Explore What's Possible With a Career at U.S. Bank!
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or relevant area of study, or equivalent work experience
- A combination of seven to ten years progressive experience in public accounting or financial institutions internal audit.
-CIA, CPA or other relevant professional designation. (Note: Experience can be accepted in lieu of certification/advanced degree when hiring individuals without a professional certification at the Audit Senior or higher levels. CAS requires all professional staff members at the Audit Senor and above levels to obtain a professional certification or advanced degree that is applicable to the work performed by CAS.)
-Proven Leadership skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously
- Thorough understanding of IIA Standards and the common definition of internal controls.
-Strong critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
-Relevant Financial Services Industry knowledge (e.g., Lending, Operations, Trust, Mortgage, etc.)
Risk Management / Fraud Prevention
Other Locations North Carolina-NC-Charlotte
1st - Daytime
Yes, 25 % of the Time