As part of our strong organic growth, the Retail & Apparel division has need for a Relationship Manager who will work directly with a senior Relationship Manager to develop strong client communication, timely administration/follow up and sales skills. The Relationship Manager will assist in managing 15-20 credit and non-credit customers along with active prospects.
Manages relationships with Corporate Banking customers. Grows revenue as directed by senior management by successfully prospecting for new business and retaining and expanding existing customer relationships. Responsibilities include: approving loans within assigned limits, managing loan and portfolio credit quality, sourcing prospects and developing new customer relationships, providing financial advice to customers, selling appropriate bank products and services to those prospects and clients, and making appropriate referrals.
Typically manages and grows a very large and very complex portfolio of corporate loans. Prospects for and closes new business relationships and retains and expands relationships with existing customers. The incumbent typically directs and coordinates the work of Corporate Banking Relationship Managers, Assistant Relationship Managers, and support staff. Typically involved in managing the most complex and complicated financial transactions, customer relationships, and credit decisions undertaken by the bank. Recognized by customers and peers as a key business advisor and confidant.
- Retains and expands relationships with existing customers.
- Prospects for and closes new business relationships.
- Grows net revenue year-over-year.
- Manages credit quality.
- Develops and implements an effective calling program for existing customers.
- Develops and implements a plan for sourcing prospects and developing new customer relationships.
- Manages assigned customer relationships and brings in appropriate specialists as needed.
- Resolves customer problems and acts as a liaison with other departments, divisions and subsidiaries in managing the customer’s relationship with the bank.
- Manages overall customer and portfolio profitability.
- Provides financial counseling, related to commercial banking, to customers.
- Approves loans within assigned limits.
- Identifies bank products and services to satisfying customer needs.
- Responsible for keeping current on commercial lending policies, products and services.
- May be responsible for maintaining assigned portfolio at its current size or shrinking the customer base when the company’s strategy is to exit a particular business.
- Actively ensures compliance with the U.S. Bank Code of Ethics and all Anti-Money Laundering, Bank Secrecy Act, information security and suspicious activity reporting requirements, policies and procedures.
- Actively participates in any required corporate and business line training in these areas.
- Follows account opening procedures and understands and follows internal suspicious activity referral requirements and processes, as required for this position.
- Actively works with customers to understand each customer's normal account activity, as appropriate for this position.