At U.S. Bank, we're passionate about helping customers and the communities where we live and work. The fifth-largest bank in the United States, we’re one of the country's most respected, innovative and successful financial institutions. U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
The Associate Relationship Manager will work with Relationship Managers and the Division Head on a variety of tasks including call planning, executive briefing memos, relationship review information, budgeting and capital markets/industry analytics. The Retail & Apparel division has over 100 active clients and multiple non-credit clients and prospects.
Works with Relationship Manager to manage assigned relationships and loan portfolio(s). The incumbent’s responsibilities include: analyzing financial data and preparing comprehensive written analyses, analyzing portfolio credit quality, assisting Relationship Manager in presenting credit requests to Credit Approval, identifying products and services that meet customer needs and making appropriate referrals. Higher levels have their own assigned client relationships and may also co-manage client relationships and portfolio credit quality with a Relationship Manager.
May co-manage client relationships and portfolios with Relationship Managers, manages their own assigned customer portfolio, and typically is responsible for managing medium sized accounts. Provides financial counseling for the assigned portfolio, resolves problems, acts as a liaison with other departments and business lines in resolving issues. Manages the overall customer profitability and credit quality for the assigned portfolio. Approves or recommends loan applications within assigned limits.
- Works with Relationship Manager to manage assigned customer relationships and loan portfolios.
- Assists Relationship Manager with identifying prospects and opportunities with existing clients as part of U.S. Bank’s Building Deeper Relationships initiative. Accompanies Relationship Manager on customer/prospect calls.
- In Commercial Real Estate may be primary underwriter of credit displays for existing loans (annual reviews) and new deals. Underwrites and prepares pre-flights.
- Spreads and/or analyzes financial statements of potential and existing customers utilizing the bank’s accepted analytical credit criteria.
- Prepares and/or oversees the preparation of loan applications and supporting documents and loan information sheets for new and existing accounts. In Commercial Real Estate includes the ordering and reviewing of appraisals and environmental reports as required. Oversees preparation of collateral and loan documentation. Works with loan administration and attorneys to close new loans and set up and maintain credit files.
- Works with Relationship Manager in monitoring customer accounts and loan portfolios to detect changes that might affect their credit standing. Conducts credit investigations when necessary.
- Updates trending reports and makes recommendations to Relationship Manager for approvals and/or changes to new or existing credit lines. Utilizes trend reports to identify deterioration or improvement in risk factors which might affect a customer’s rating.
- Monitors compliance with loan agreement covenants and reporting requirements.
- Prepares Problem Credit Monitoring Requests and keeps Credit Plus current with no outstandings greater than 30 days, maintains loan files, Buker Tax Analysis and Moody’s Risk Analyst.
- Interacts with clients/prospects Acts as liaison between Relationship Manager and other departments, as required. Provides backup to client/prospect when Relationship Manager is unavailable.
- Stays abreast of current market/industry news and events and participates in industry trade groups, etc.).
- Actively ensures compliance with the U.S. Bank Code of Ethics and all Anti-Money Laundering, Bank Secrecy Act, information security and suspicious activity reporting requirements, policies and procedures.
- Actively participates in any required corporate and business line training in these areas.
- Follows account opening procedures and understands and follows internal suspicious activity referral requirements and processes, as required for this position. Actively works with customers to understand each customer's normal account activity, as appropriate for this position.