This position works with Relationship Manager(s) to manage assigned customer relationships and loan portfolio(s). Key responsibilities include: analyzing financial data and preparing comprehensive written analyses, analyzing portfolio credit quality, assisting Relationship Manager(s) in presenting credit requests to Credit Approval. Higher levels have their own assigned client relationships and may also co-manage client relationships and portfolio credit quality with a Relationship Manager.
1. Works with Relationship Manager to manage assigned customer relationships and loan portfolios.
2. Spreads and/or analyzes financial statements of potential and existing customers utilizing the bank’s accepted analytical credit criteria.
3. Prepares and/or oversees the preparations of loan applications, supporting documents and loan information sheets for new and existing accounts. Oversees preparation of collateral and loan documentation.
4. Conducts credit investigations when necessary.
5. Works with Relationship Manager in monitoring customer accounts and loan portfolios to detect changes that might affect their credit standing.
6. Recommends to Relationship Manager approvals and/or changes in new or existing credit lines.
7. Assists in preparation and review of Quarterly Status Reports for loans within the portfolio.
8. Monitors compliance with loan agreement covenants.
9. Accompanies Relationship Manager on sales calls/customer calls.
10. Provides backup for Relationship Manager and other departments, as required.
11. Acts as liaison between Relationship Manager and other departments, as required.
12. Actively ensures compliance with the U.S. Bank Code of Ethics and all Anti-Money requirements, policies and procedures. Participates in any required corporate and business line training in these areas.
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
- One to three years of credit and/or sales experience in the financial services industry is preferred
- Basic sales and relationship management skills
- Good understanding of credit and collateral requirements
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effective presentation, verbal and written communication skills
1st - Daytime