U.S. Bank is seeking a Capital Investment Prioritization Lead. Provides business process expertise, strong analytical synthesis skills and project management skills to lead multiple projects through the capital expenditure investment process. Skillfully engages and influences senior executives and key project stakeholders to ensure projects align with strategic plan and projects are effectively meeting requirements of each tollgates. Collaboratively leads multiple projects through the process by partnering and consulting with subject matter experts, senior executives, and business lines to ensure availability of funding, appropriate sizing, reasonability of value and level of organizational change. Ensures transparency at all levels into the process through effective communication with the appropriate constitutes at the right time and level. Champions continual improvements throughout the process by engaging key project stakeholders, partners, and end users in continual process improvement discussions.
1. Facilitates capital investment projects through the approval process for the various tollgates by ensuring documentation is complete, appropriate, reasonable, and submitted in a timely manner.
2. Acts as a liaison between senior project owners, support functions and Operating Committee to ensure appropriate scoring and alignment within each tollgate.
3. Ensures alignment of capital investment projects with strategic priorities and investment plans through close collaboration with Finance, Strategy and Customer Experience.
4. Works collaboratively with project constituents – executive and senior leadership and project owners to ensure value proposition, problem statement, scope and organization impact and effort are clearly defined and understood.
5. Provides transparency at all levels into the process through effective communication with the appropriate constitutes at the right time and level.
6. Provides the Operating Committee comprehensive (vertical and horizontal) view all current and future projects, including available funding.
7. Leverages enterprise view to identify intersections, dependencies, and possible synergies with other projects.
8. Collects and analyzes process data, and client feedback (including business line sponsors, Operating and Investment Committee members, and support partners) to continue to refine, evolve and improve the process.
Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
Eight to ten years of progressive related experience in the financial services industry with proficiency and understanding of different functions.
Demonstrated skills in project management and financial analysis.
Superior analytical and problem solving skills.
Advanced skills in MS Office suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Visio and Word).
Strong communication and relationship building skills with a demonstrated ability to work across business lines and disciplines.
Demonstrated strong collaboration skills and ability to navigate well in a large organization.
Strong organizational skills and ability to adapt to change.
Compelling executive presence.
Preferred qualifications are as follows:
Experience in the financial services across multiple functions.
Demonstrated ability to lead complex, multi-phased projects through a comprehensive, disciplined and consistent process.
Ability to champion change and facilitate the implementation and acceptance of new processes/procedures, solicit feedback, gain buy-in and support of formal and informal leaders throughout the organization.
Project Management / Analysis
1st - Daytime
Yes, 10 % of the Time