In this role, the incumbent will lead and drive the conceptualization, development and deployment of U.S. Bank's Faster/Real-Time Solutions. This critical role will drive significant growth through customer-focused solutions in the faster/real-time payments space. This highly visible and strategic role will collaborate with internal partners to drive an enterprise approach to solve key customer challenges. This role will also lead a team of Product Management professionals helping them foster aggressive innovation and growth in several high potential products. Success will be measured through profitable growth of the product portfolio, effective and proactive risk mitigation efforts, strong partnered approach to drive client satisfaction, and effective team leadership to drive employee performance and engagement.
Directly and through professional staff, oversees the strategic product management for a major product line or a group of related product lines in support of the organization’s goals and market needs. Responsible for meeting product profit and growth goals. Oversees the evaluation of market trends, product development, product position and pricing philosophy. Recommends revisions and enhancements to product lines to stimulate sales and meet objectives.
Working independently, manages product managers and professional staff responsible for the most complex and technologically driven products with the largest market demand; deemed as very important to the organization. Operates at a highly independent level, consulting with and advising management on the marketing implications of various actions. Generally manages a staff of one to five direct reports, one to five indirect reports and a professional project staff of one to five. Oversees the development of short and long term goals to meet product objectives and the implementation of appropriate long term strategic plans and presents them to management. Independently manages business requirements and guides staff in assessing impact of major issues and determining appropriate action plans for the largest most complex products which have the highest profit potential and are most critical to the success of the business.
- Identify opportunity areas based on client needs and pain points, emerging technologies and competitive landscape.
- Build a portfolio of client-tested ideas and lead the process for business case generation and resource prioritization to appropriately execute against such ideas.
- Understand the perspective of corporate treasurers, A/P & A/R managers and everyday users, and integrate their feedback/guidance, while maintaining a holistic product vision.
- Provide clear vision and scope documentation, use cases, workflows, wire-frames, design and product requirements, and other materials as needed to support UX design and development.
- Assemble and deploy all elements of a new product or service including pricing, sales, target market definition, marketing, customer support model, etc.
- Foster and promote an optimistic, entrepreneurial culture, and drive the innovation cycle.
- Develops marketing plan and product line objectives; including strategy and tactics; ensuring consistency with organization and business line objectives and goals and meeting product profit and growth goals.
- Manages design, development, implementation and enhancement of new or existing products that support organization and business line objectives.
- Manages the development of product pricing and profitability analysis and recommends pricing.
- Manages the development and maintenance of competitive analysis and market research of competing products and services to identify customer needs and trends.
- Manages the on-going research to track, monitor and analyze product performance, profitability and contribution.
- Manages the development of collateral material, advertising, promotional programs, sales training programs, operational procedures and systems requirements to ensure that sales departments are provided with appropriate sales, merchandising and administrative tools.
- Reviews strategic product and market perspectives; evaluating long term effects and anticipating changes.
- Reviews risk data related to product line(s) and ensures risks are effectively monitored and managed.
- Ensures products meet state and Federal regulatory requirements and coordinates legal review of all supporting collateral materials and documentation.
- Plans, develops and controls project/product budget.
- Recommends hires, transfers, terminations, salary adjustments, performance standards and reviews.
- Approves employee time records, work assignments, vacations, sick pay, etc. Implements and executes employee relations policies, training programs and various other human resources programs and policies.