This position will take a key role in the ongoing management and definition of the Consumer Checking Product Strategy with the goal of driving revenue growth for the Consumer Bank. Lead key strategic initiatives that are focused on profitable growth with respect to multi-cultural segments. This requires cross-functional leadership of project teams to deliver on prescribed goals. Develop and recommend enhancements to product line to stimulate sales and meet prescribed objectives. Ensure products meet State and Federal regulatory requirements. The successful candidate has experience in consumer deposit product management and requires limited supervision with an ability to make strategic decisions that align to corporate and Product Strategy and Support strategic vision. Previous experience in developing and presenting key strategic initiatives to Senior Management is required.
This individual will also be tasked with managing key messaging/tone of consumer deposit product benefits and value propositions to identified market segments that drive checking production. This includes materials translated into Spanish. Advocate for product features/benefits that correspond to identified multi-cultural customer needs. The function will lead competitive market research, product pricing, product planning and bank-wide coordination of product launches and revisions.
Daily responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Prioritize all customer facing materials for translation and ensure translated materials tone/intent supports the consumer deposit product strategy
- Track, report, forecast, and plan segment acquisition growth by product and consumer business lines
- Perform analysis to understand the drivers of performance
- Monitor competitors product, pricing, and feature strategies to provide recommendations for product enhancements
- Develop strategic recommendations based on key business drivers
- Maintain a pulse on consumer sentiment, competitor positioning, regulatory events, geopolitical themes, and monetary policy
- Lead development of new products, refine existing products and develop ideas that promote the growth of household checking portfolio
- Collaborate with finance, treasury, compliance, legal, technology, branch, omni channel and marketing partners
- Translate data, facts, and figures into compelling business cases by crafting engaging presentations that generate impact
- Manage audit and compliance inquiries and regulatory change from governing bodies such as the Consumer Finance Protection Bureau (CFPB), Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC), Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC) and the Federal Reserve Board (FRB) as it relates to new consumer acquisition initiatives
- Identify product opportunities and risks, proactively develop product design enhancements, consumer educational materials or improved sales practices to minimize risk while maximizing the potential of the business line
- Monitor customer complaints, identify trends and develop corresponding action plans