The International Banking Group is seeking an Assistant Portfolio Manager (APM) who will support the Portfolio Manager in the risk mitigation and the distribution of trade finance assets into both the secondary bank market as well as the public and private credit insurance markets. The APM will be responsible for boarding, compliance and daily management of short and medium-term transactions originated by the correspondent bankers of IFI and/or the Trade Sale officers of GTS and requiring distribution or risk mitigation. The goal is to implement de-risking tools in order to enhance the bank's distribution capacity, support risk management and improve relationships with bank and insurance investors while maximizing the return on our book of Trade assets.
The APM must have a basic knowledge of all International Banking products and understand the elements of performance, credit and political risks. The successful APM will build strong relationships with internal partners such as Institutional Risk Management, Commercial Loan Services, Compliance, Legal, Audit and Reporting, and external partners such as commercial banks, trade credit insurance brokers/underwriters and others. The individual must have the ability to work effectively with individuals and groups across the company and the industry, in order to manage customer relationships.
· Assist the Portfolio Manager with the management of trade credit and political risk insurance policies in support of transactions owned by U.S. Bank’s International Banking Group. Over time, develop relationships with insurance brokers and other network partners that support the International Banking products and/or transactions.
· As insurance programs are on-boarded, the candidate will be responsible for administering adherence to the administrative and financial requirements of the policies in terms of premium payments, disclosure requirements and observing the warranties and conditions of each policy in force.
· Administer the bank's participation in the US Exim Bank’s short term insurance program.
· Work on transactions needing risk mitigation initially via distribution to the secondary market and then into the insurance programs as that capacity comes on-line.
· Support the Portfolio Manager in negotiating up-to-date Master Risk Participation Agreements (MRPAs) with banks currently having such agreements signed with USB in order to ensure the agreements are current as regards regulatory and compliance requirements and to better safeguard the interests of the bank.
· Maintain solid knowledge of and full compliance with the programs, policies, procedures and all agreements used to document International Banking transactions.
· Maintain positive relationships with internal partners such as Institutional Risk Management, Commercial Loan Services, Compliance, Legal, Audit, and Reporting, and external partners such as commercial banks, trade credit insurance brokers/underwriters and others.
· Develop and maintain a database showing deals in flight, secondary bank and underwriter capacity utilized and available, and revenue/return matrices.
· Prepare and maintain various business line reports for review by senior management.
· Assume responsibility for special programs, projects or assignments and serve as a back up to the portfolio manager when needed.
Qualifications - Basic Qualifications:
· Bachelor's degree.
· At least 3-5 years of commercial banking, international banking and/or portfolio management experience.
· Has a basic understanding of all International Banking Group products.
· Ability to work with a diverse group of professionals working in various and remote locations.
Portfolio / Asset Management
Other Locations IL-IL-Chicago, New York-NY-New York, Minnesota-MN-Minneapolis, Washington-WA-Seattle
1st - Daytime