Directly and through staff, manages and coordinates the operational activities for assigned functional area/region. Ensures quality service and effective operations support for all of the assigned internal and external customers. Accomplishes results through the effective management of non-exempt staff. Administers corporate policies and procedures and ensures compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Participates in the review and recommendation of operational systems and procedures affecting assigned units, coordinating system conversions from an operations perspective.
Typically manages more complex multiple functional areas. Defines and sets group objectives. Utilizes a high degree of problem solving skills, providing insight, implication and recommendation to senior management. Has opportunity to affect a significant portion of revenue or expenses, serious loss of production or service, or serious delays or monetary loss and/or erosion of public confidences. Major contributor in the development and implementation of long range production changes, and operational projects that cross division and business lines. Provides strategic direction for implementation of production changes. Has significant latitude to make decisions and take action.
- Ensures that assigned operations area is adequately staffed and that all personnel are trained.
- Manages the operations activities for the assigned functional area/region by planning and scheduling departmental activities and workload and coordinating with related departments ensuring that operational schedules are met.
- Reviews and recommends new methods and procedures to make daily operations in assigned area more efficient.
- Participates in the development and enhancement of equipment and/or training procedures or programs which will support products and/or services; may participate in project task forces or user groups to represent the department on training or system needs.
- Interfaces with other departments, regions, vendors, agencies, etc. to resolve customer service issues. Follows up with resolution of problems to ensure timely response and customer service.
- Implements and monitors tracking and performance monitoring mechanisms. Provides reports to keep senior managers informed of operations activities; makes formal presentations to senior management as required.
- Maintains knowledge of all products and services offered in assigned area. Keeps informed of new or changing developments, products, services or ideas which would affect operations.
- May develop, monitor and track business performance against goals for assigned product lines or geographical area.
- Ensures quality control and customer service goals are met.
- Plans, develops, implements and controls assigned organization and budget functions.
- Recommends hires, transfers, terminations, salary adjustments, performance standards and reviews.
- Approves employee time records, work assignments, vacations, sick pay, etc. Implements and executes employee relations policies, training programs and various other human resources programs and policies.