U.S. Bank is seeking an Application Analyst Developer with design and development experience to contribute toward the success of our technology initiatives.
• Performs and/or participates in the technical design and development of complex application systems using existing and emerging technology platforms.
• Develops basic and detailed program specifications.
• Develops and implements application systems.
• Assists in estimating and defines time tables and project tasks; analyzes and estimates cost and time.
• Performs and/or leads designs, codes, tests, debugs, documents, maintains, and modifies Mainframe APIs of high complexity, significance, and risk.
• Creates and may review unit and test plans.
• Creates and executes performance tests to ensure that expected application performance levels are achieved.
• Contributes and at times, leads clients and technical staff to investigate, analyze, and resolve technical problems related to system functions, programming, and procedures.
• Identifies opportunities to improve testing process.
• Ensures that expected application performance levels are achieved.
• Joins in post-implementation reviews of both application development content and process to maximize and share learning.
• Conducts analysis of organizational needs for the development and implementation of application systems.
• Proactively identifies opportunities for improvement and recommends technical solutions.
• Demonstrates good understanding of the business needs driving the projects. Writes documentation that describes installation and operating procedures.
• Participates in a 24x7 production on-call rotation.
The successful candidate will join the Services Development team within Integrated Card Systems and assist in the definition, design, development, support, and maintenance of real-time Mainframe API's and Web Services. The Integrated Card Systems is a fast-paced work environment and provides considerable opportunities for professional as well as personal career growth.
Successful candidates will be results-driven, self-starters who welcome a challenge and related accountability. They will possess the ability to multi-task, and a passion for developing world class applications. They will possess an enthusiasm for working with a great team in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. They will have strong written, oral communication skills, and excellent analytical and interpersonal skills. The candidate will participate in all phases of the software development life cycle (SDLC) and will occasionally lead others on assigned projects and tasks. Some weekend and off-hours support is required. Participation in a production support on-call rotation will be required after an appropriate level of application knowledge of US Bank systems and standards has been achieved.
Successful applicants will exemplify US Bank's ethical principles of uncompromising integrity, respect for others, accountability for decisions and actions, and good citizenship.
Functional and Technical design of Mainframe Applications including technical specifications, perform/overseeing coding efforts, unit testing and peer-based code reviews, coordinating or completing IT and UAT testing support tasks for the development team, resolving reported project defects, performing application builds, and coordinating implementations to the various development, test and production environments.
Conducts thorough impact analysis and completes accurate technical design prior to the development and implementation of new or changed applications. Evaluates the operating efficiency of existing applications and assists with production support.
Proactively identifies opportunities for application, process, or team improvement, and recommends the best alternative. Also, responsible for adhering to and maintaining coding standards and best practices, mentoring junior developers and reporting status to management.
-Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
-At least 5 years experience with developing and implementing applications.
Basic understanding in:
• Modeling: data, process, events
• Application design, architecture
• Service Oriented Architecture
• MQ Series, XML, and TIBCO products is a plus.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Excellent planning and organizational skills
• Experience working in large Mainframe environments
• Thorough understanding of overall SDLC process
Working experience in:
• Application testing
• System testing
• Information management
• Mainframe online programming development
• Hands on Web Service Development is a plus.
Extensive experience in:
• Application development tools
• Programming with COBOL, CICS, DB2
• IT standards, procedures, policy
• System development life cycle
• Change control
• Application maintenance
1st - Daytime