U.S. Bank is seeking an experienced
Information Security Big Data Architect
with demonstrated competence and thought leadership capability to contribute toward the success of our technology initiatives. The Big Data Architect is a high impact position within the Cyber Defense Department supporting the Security Analytics team. This individual will be focused on designing and implementing solutions that enable the efficient data collection and engineering to support security data analysts. The security analysts and data scientists have petabytes of data available from multiple sources to facilitate descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive analysis. This role will recommend, design and develop a big data environment to augment existing structured and unstructured databases.
• Evaluates and recommends new and emerging big data applications for business intelligence.
• Facilitate design sessions with subject matter experts.
• Produce logical and physical data models, data dictionaries.
• Produce logical data flow diagrams across multiple systems.
• Partners with groups within the organization to ensure successful implementations (e.g. Security Data Science, Security Engineering, Security Incident and Response, Threat Hunting, Network Operations, Database Mgmt, Risk Mgmt, Audit and Compliance, other ISS teams, Mid-Range Server Teams, Mainframe server teams, etc.)
• Support multiple database technologies including but not limited to; Hadoop, MS SQL Server, Greenplum, Pivotal, Teradata, Oracle, MS Azure, HortonWorks, and ELK.
• Stay abreast of current technologies, security compliance requirements, standards and industry trends in order to help achieve the goals of the department.
• Supports and mentors other members of the team.
It is the individual responsibility of every employee to maintain a current awareness and understanding of and to fully comply with U.S. Bancorp's "Code of Ethics".
Each employee is also expected to maintain an awareness of the banking laws,
regulations, internal policies and procedures that are appropriate for his/her position.
-Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
-At least 5 years experience with the concepts, philosophies and tools behind the design of applications, information and underlying information technologies.
-At least 10 years experience with developing and implementing applications.
• 10+ years of professional Big Data platform experience.
• 5+ years of experience with 2 or more of the following platforms; Hadoop, HortonWorks, Pivotal, ELK, etc.
• Must have strong and recent project experience.
• Bachelors in Computer Science, Engineering or Mathematics.
• Experience in large scale big data deployments.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
1st - Daytime