The Technical Strategy Consultant will be a key role in forming and establishing a high level of standard for a newly formed team within US Bank’s technology organization. You will be responsible for planning, organizing and leading portions of an engagement to help fully articulate a technology strategy. You will be a change agent through evangelizing the strategy initiatives created through our collective team. Each strategy articulated will encompass Technology, Business, User Experience and Organizational Change Management strategic components.
You will be called upon to lead a team creating high quality strategy deliverables which assesses the relative strengths and weaknesses and identify opportunities for improvement. You will need to conduct and synthesize research of key markets, industry sectors, market trends, and competitors which influence US Bank and its related technologies. You will need to plan the strategy engagement and deadlines, work on developing solutions, and assist in identifying and measuring KPIs and performance measurement platforms.
• Identify and structure key issues and plan research and analysis activities that generate insight to drive technical strategy and performance improvement
• Participate in initial meetings with the impacted business and technology teams to establish the scope of the strategy engagement, prepare a proposal, and carry out research, analysis and assessment of growth scenarios and options.
• Perform appropriate industry and company analyses to achieve strategic insight. Help impacted teams compare their current capabilities with market opportunities while highlighting the risk and identifying the changes required for success
• Working in a collaborative cross-functional team ranging from 2 - 6 people from within Corporate Technical Strategy and other business and technology groups, providing overall direction and oversight in the creation of strategy work products
• Build and manage relationships with key leaders, influencing decisions in line with business unit and enterprise strategy
• Help develop innovative, fact-based and achievable Information Technology (IT) strategies and operating models to enable business strategies
• Develop strategic insights and help identify value creation and transformation opportunities
• Apply patterns from within and external to the financial services industry in the creation of the strategy
• For each strategy, help articulate the change program with an understanding of the implications the new strategy will have on the day-to-day, cross-functional operations of a business
• Experience with bold, value-creating approaches to IT, bringing mission-relevant criteria to IT investments
• Ten years of applicable work experience assessing and planning IT capabilities, performance improvement, and/or transformational change
• The ability to effectively operate independently and in a team environment
• Outstanding interpersonal, collaboration, verbal and written communication, tact and persuasion skills
• Outstanding facilitation experience
• Outstanding analytical capability and the ability to synthesize findings
• In addition to the qualifications listed above, the team places high emphasis on relevant personal qualities: resilience/tenacity, flexibility/adaptability, willingness to challenge the status quo, entrepreneurial, creative/thinking outside the box(es), imaginative, resourceful, independent, motivated, professional and collaborative
1st - Daytime
Yes, 5 % of the Time