U.S. Bank is seeking an Agile Release Train Engineer (RTE) to be a part of our high-performing agile development team. This agile development is happening within US Bank’s Integrated Card Systems (ICS) team. The ICS team acts as stewards for the core credit card processing system and its surrounding ecosystem to support the Retail Payments business line at US Bank.
The RTE will lead a Release Train of up to eight agile teams to success by enabling, facilitating, and improving the scrum process, within a Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), while adding value to the US Bank Credit Card Collections System.
This position requires previous experience in leading multiple scrum teams, coaching distributed teams through agile adoption, and integrating Scrum/Kanban teams with waterfall (off-train) teams to collaboratively increase business value through software solutions.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of delivering predictable, high quality, cost effective software in a complex environment as well as a passion to drive continuous improvement throughout the organization. Experience in leading teams and people from a human resources and employee development perspective is also important as this position has potential for direct reports.
Successful applicants will exemplify US Bank's ethical principles of uncompromising integrity, respect for others, accountability for decisions and actions, and good citizenship.
• Act as a coach and/or a mentor to Scrum Masters through agile delivery practices and principles to ensure the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) is applied, which includes promoting and reinforcing team rules.
• Serve as the escalation point for Scrum Masters to identify, communicate, and remove impediments from their teams. Continuously find ways to improve team performance.
• Drive the agile process, cadence, ceremonies, and delivery schedule across the Agile Release Train. Establish the annual calendar for sprints & Program Increments and facilitate PI planning events and other ceremonies.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with Scrum Masters, Agile Team Members, Product Managers, Product Owners and Leadership; including Delivery Leaders and Value Stream Leaders to create transparency.
• Possess, exhibit, and coach knowledge on the principles of Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe); which includes Agile Project Management, Lean Thinking and Servant Leadership.
• Facilitate meetings to align dependencies both on and off the Agile Release Train to deliver integrated solutions. Foster collaboration and creative solutions while breaking down silos between agile and waterfall teams.
• Guide agile teams in understanding and producing train, team and leadership level documentation: epics, features, user stories, task reporting, backlog tracking & prioritizing, burndown metrics, team velocity, etc.
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in the field of Information technology, Computer Science or equivalent.
• Leadership level experience using components of Agile/Scrum/Kanban/Lean/DevOps/XP across multiple teams.
• Previous usage of Agile tools (ie VersionOne) to manage backlogs and track progress of Release Train.
• Servant leadership with focus on developing people to build an environment of openness and respect across all levels.
• Previous work in the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) or other scaling model is preferred.
• Relevant certifications a plus (CSM, CSP, SASM, RTE, SCP).
• Previous experience implementing large-scale development projects.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills; can present complex topics in a manner appropriate for different audiences to understand (from team level to senior management).
• Strong coaching and mentoring skills in lean and agile best practices.
• Technical nature to understand complex software development domain and apply system thinking to solutions.
• Willingness to dig in; swarm to solve an issue and avoid unnecessary escalation.
• Inquisitive nature with strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Active listening skills to support teams in problem identification and decision making.
• Enthusiastic, high energy, and exhibit a positive attitude; act as agile evangelist when interacting with teams that have not yet adopted agile.
• Knowledge of financial services processing, specifically credit card, is a plus.
1st - Daytime