U.S. Bank is seeking an ATM Info Security Engineer with significant risk remediation experience to contribute toward the success of our technology initiatives.
Job Duties Include:
-Implements and supports solutions/technologies: detection/prevention systems, remote ATM updates, security event monitoring, infrastructure and system hardening, patch deployment and vulnerability management.
-Performs the daily operation and execution of security-related tools, processes and controls related to ATM Security initiatives.
-Helps coordinate ATM security assessments and drive remediation of identified risks and control deficiencies.
-Works to independently identify new security issues and risks, is involved in developing mitigation plans, and implements remediation.
-Looks for ways to optimize security processes and recommend opportunities and solutions for improvement and automation.
-Serves as technical and functional subject matter expert across multiple security domain areas, raising awareness and communicating security risks within the company.
-Works to mentor junior members within the team.
-Participates in planning and estimation toward ATM security remediation projects.
-Stays current with ATM security compliance requirements and industry trends in support of department goals
-Supports and participates in incident response and technical investigations as needed.
-Ensures adherence to compliance regulations and policies.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Science, or equivalent work experience
- Five or more year of experience in information security
- Two or more years of experience in IT infrastructure management, application architecture, risk management, middleware technology, and IT project management
- Working knowledge of IT environment including service-oriented and IT architecture, industry trends and direction, system and technology integration, and IT standards, procedures and policies, and emerging technologies
- Basic knowledge of IT audit and control, governance, asset management, software licensing, and product and vendor evaluation, and training delivery
- Working knowledge of IT systems management including change control, technical troubleshooting, software process improvement, and technical writing/documentation
- Basic knowledge of information security audits, information assurance, and computer crime
- Working knowledge of information security architecture, security technologies, administration, and network and internet security
- Working proficiency of various technology tools
- Ability to work cooperatively and professionally with co-workers, customers and management
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of system development life cycles
- Working knowledge of work estimation and capacity planning
- Highly proficient at scripting and programming using (VBScript, CMD, etc)
- Working knowledge of CA Unicenter IT Client Manager systems (or another software delivery solution)
- Working knowledge of anti-malware, anti-virus, disk encryption, and identity access management solutions
- Working knowledge of hard drive imaging solutions such as Ghost, ImageX (or similar)
- Highly proficient at configuring and securing Windows 7 or Windows 10 operating systems
- Basic knowledge of Automated Teller Machine (ATM) hardware and operational considerations
- Working knowledge of risk management concepts as they apply to ATMs and the financial services industry
Other Locations Texas-TX-Irving, Pennsylvania-PA-Pittsburgh
1st - Daytime