U.S. Bank is looking for a Senior SQL Developer to help build and maintain our B2B freight payment solution.
U.S. Bank Freight Payment is the #2 provider of B2B freight payments and the market leader in integrating payments with bank-based financing options. Our innovative platform is the only one that provides a state of the art invoice management system fully integrated with the power and reliability of a major national bank. This powerful cloud-based solution automates invoice processing, improves freight audit and payment, extends working capital benefits, and provides unmatched visibility to global cost and performance data. It is an entirely custom built solution offering amazing efficiency and cost savings to our customers.
Join our team as we continue to build out this market leading payments platform for our customers!
• Performs and/or leads the technical design of database application systems. Develops and implements database application systems on SQL Server platform. May participate in some database architecture functions.
• Participates in the code review process as both a reviewer and reviewee
• Performs and/or leads design, coding, testing, implementation, and documentation of solution.
• Ensures that expected application performance levels are achieved.
• Estimates and defines time tables and project tasks; analyzes and estimates cost and time.
• Leads change impact analysis.
• Creates and may review unit and test plans. Identifies opportunities to improve testing process.
• Develops basic and detailed program specifications.
• Identifies and manages interfaces, service levels, standards, and configurations.
• Monitors operating efficiency of existing application systems.
• Proactively identifies opportunities for improvement and recommends technical solutions.
• Demonstrates good understanding of the business needs driving the projects.
Successful applicants will exemplify US Bank's ethical principles of uncompromising integrity, respect for others, accountability for decisions and actions, and good citizenship.
-Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
-At least 7 years experience with developing and implementing applications.
• At least 7 years of experience with developing and implementing OLTP database applications on the Microsoft SQL Server platform.
• At least 5 years of data modeling experience.
• At least 3 years of advanced development experience and performance tuning with T-SQL in Microsoft SQL server 2005+.
• At least 3 years of experience in full-life cycle software development, preferably with experiences in developing multi-tiered enterprise applications with Microsoft technologies.
• Experience or high desire to work in a Agile / Scrum development methodology.
• Experience with T-SQL transaction locking and concurrency handling
• Experience with Business Intelligence Development Studio 2008/2012/2013 and SQL Server Data Tools for designing and maintaining SSIS (SQL Server Integration Services) packages.
• Experience with TFS and Visual Studio 2010, 2012, or 2013.
• Proven track record of working in a fast-paced, time-sensitive project that requires clear and timely communication, balancing priorities, and going above and beyond the requirement of the role
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to learn quickly and an expert problem solver.
• Experience with SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) is a plus.
• Experience with SQL Service Broker is a plus
• Experience with .NET C# is a plus
• Experience with Powershell is a plus
• Experience with Elastic Search is a plus.
1st - Daytime