U.S. Bank is seeking a Senior Application Developer with design and development experience to contribute toward the success of our technology initiatives. Performs and/or leads the technical design and development of complex application systems using existing and emerging technology platforms. May participate in some application architecture functions. Estimates and defines time tables and project tasks; analyzes and estimates cost and time. Leads change impact analysis. Creates and may review unit and test plans. Identifies opportunities to improve testing process. Performs and/or leads design, coding, testing, implementation, and documentation of solution. Develops basic and detailed program specifications. Ensures that expected application performance levels are achieved. Designs, codes, tests, debugs, documents, maintains, and modifies computer programs of high complexity, significance, and risk. Leads technical staff and clients to investigate, analyze, and resolve complex technical problems. Identifies and manages interfaces, service levels, standards, and configurations. Conducts analysis of organizational needs for the development and implementation of application systems. Monitors operating efficiency of existing application systems. Proactively identifies opportunities for improvement and recommends technical solutions. Demonstrates good understanding of the business needs driving the projects.
Successful applicants will exemplify US Bank's ethical principles of uncompromising integrity, respect for others, accountability for decisions and actions, and good citizenship.
·Solid C# development skills, building Windows® services and associated class libraries (DLLs). ASP.Net MVC development experience would be a plus.
· SQL Server Data Manipulation (DML) and Data Definition (DDL) scripting.
· Understanding of XML structure and navigation.
· Strong interpersonal / leadership skills
· Ability to mentor other team members in Windows development technologies.
In addition, any of the following would be considered a plus.
· Experience using IBM MQ (formerly MQ Series/WebSphere MQ) messaging service.
· Connect Direct file transmission software.
· Experience using Team Foundation Server (TFS) for source code management.
· WebFOCUS reporting technologies.
· AS/400 knowledge and/or development experience (COBOL). Note: This is a legacy skillset and not a long term direction.
· Mainframe knowledge and/or development experience. Knowledge of JCL and some COBOL would be helpful.
· Familiarity with international trade finance products; import, export, standby letters of credit, clean and documentary collections, etc.
Other Locations Ohio-OH-Cincinnati, Missouri-MO-Saint Louis
1st - Daytime